Three full-time positions: Associate Pastor (English Ministry), Associate Pastor (Young Adults) & Associate Pastor (Youth)
- Well-rounded opportunity to lead all aspects of gospel ministry
- Shepherd a diverse congregation with a focus on the respective group in the English ministry
- Opportunity to contribute to cross-language ministries
About Evangelical Free Church of Australia (EFCA)
Established in 1987, EFCA is a church with three language congregations - Cantonese, English and Mandarin. We are a diverse church of circa 800 adults and 100 children, with six services held every Sunday across Chatswood, East Lindfield and Gordon. Due to growth in numbers and God’s calling of existing pastors to new ministries, we are seeking three full-time pastors to shepherd the English congregation.
About the opportunities
The successful candidates will collaborate with each other and the English Ministry Team, under the leadership and supervision of the Senior Pastor and Board of Deacons. Shepherding a multi-stage ministry, the pastors will perform pastoral duties including preaching, teaching, training, disciple-making and mentoring. In consultation with the Pastoral Team, the pastors will take ownership of developing and implementing a systematic and integrated plan of biblical teaching.
The successful candidates will identify leadership potential across all aspects of ministry and provide training in leadership and ministry skills. A key goal will be equipping, enabling and engaging the congregation to effectively evangelise to their friends, peers, families and the community. The pastors will lead by example in building up the body of Christ and praying for the advancement of God’s kingdom.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for mature Christians who have a vibrant and growing personal relationship with God, and who fit the qualifications for leadership as recorded in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4. Other essential criteria include:
- Formal theological training in a recognised theological seminary:
- at MDiv or higher for Associate Pastor (English Ministry)
- at BTh for Associate Pastor (Young Adults)
- at AdDipTh for Associate Pastor (Youth)
- Demonstrate authentic servant leadership, gifts in Bible teaching, preaching and shepherding and heart to connect with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated experience in developing leaders by setting godly example in mentoring, teaching, coaching and training volunteers, interns and other staff
- Passionate and innovative in developing new initiatives to grow and develop the Ministry
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team, form strong relationships with the church community, sister churches and beyond
- Demonstrated commitment to share the journey of following Jesus with those who are not within the church structure. Willing to reach out and model this to others
- Agree with and support EFCA’s doctrinal, mission and vision statements
Desirable criteria include: Understanding and appreciation of Chinese culture, including the ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- A Working with Child Clearance (from NSW Office of Children’s Guardian) is a prerequisite
- A valid NSW P2 (green) or Full car driving licence with good driving record
How to apply:
- For further enquiries please contact Rev. David Tse on 0403267663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the full position description and selection criteria, email email@example.com
- For an application please send a cover letter, CV, witness of calling, philosophy of ministry, two references, links to two recent sermons and marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ to: Deacon (HR), Evangelical Free Church of Australia, 28-30 Wellington Road, East Lindfield, NSW 2070, Australia or via the 'Apply Now' button.
- More information about EFCA can be found on the church website, www.efcaenglish.org.au
Closing date: Friday 26 July 2019 or until filled