Baptcare Coasthaven, Norlane
- Competitive salary, salary packaging and benefits
- Exciting and rewarding opportunity to improve the lives of people
- Supportive team environment
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven and faith-based organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
About the Role:
The Housing Officer provides quality front line services to tenants and works collaboratively with community development workers to build inclusive and supportive communities.
This Housing Officer will be proficient in property and tenancy management and be dedicated to serving the needs of the community.
A primary focus of this role will be managing the tenancies at Baptcare's integrated community site in Norlane where 52 units of social housing are now complete. A community hub is being built on this site and the role will be based there but will also manage a dispersed portfolio of tenancies which will require travel, including to Melbourne.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in housing management
- Experience in the affordable/social housing sector and familiarity in dealing with disadvantaged households
- High level inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with tenants, management, community groups, councils
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office software and Property Management software
- Ability to understand and apply the Residential Tenancy Act
- Capability to establish and maintain tenancy management systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with faith based partner organisations
How to Apply:
Please visit the vacancies page on our website to apply and view the Role Statement www.baptcare.org.au/vacancies
As part of your application please address the above Key Selection Criteria
Applications close 2nd June 2019
Please forward queries to:
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal History check and Working with Children Check.
Baptcare is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role and supporting diversity. We welcome applicants who may require adjustments.