• Exciting full-time opportunity
• Flexible work location within Northern Sydney Region
• Friendly and professional team
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The role of the Property Manager works with the Property and Capital Works team within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to lead the maintenance staff who are responsible for the continuous support of the core business and the service delivery of the organisation. The Property Manager will also be responsible for the development and control of the sustainability for the organisation.
The essence of this role:
• Lead the maintenance staff who are responsible for the continuous support of the core business and service delivery of the organisation.
• Responsible for the development and control of the sustainability for the organisation.
• Delivery of professional, reliable and effective property maintenance services to HammondCare’s sub-acute hospitals and aged care facilities in the Northern Sydney region (NSW).
• Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
• A relevant tertiary degree in Engineering, Architecture, Administration, or Facilities Management/Maintenance, or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and training.
• Practical experience and technical knowledge of Asset Management, Financial Control and Performance Reporting.
• Demonstrate an understanding of residential and commercial fire protection systems and experience in ongoing compliance.
• Demonstrate an aptitude for self-direction and motivation and the ability to work independently as well as with other staff.
• Demonstrated experience in applying initiative and creative problem-solving on the job.
• Experience managing a team of skilled professionals working in a Construction or Facilities Maintenance role.
• Prior experience in successfully managing large or small projects, in a leadership role.
• Comprehensive administrative experience and strong computer skills (Excel and Word). Provide an example of a recent document you have produced that demonstrates your presentation and report-writing ability.
• Evidence of high work, interpersonal and ethical standards.
• A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below or see our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Please note, applications that do not address the selection criteria listed in the information pack will not be accepted.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact David Attenborough on 0408 285 955.
Closing Date, 12 May 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.