• Tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
• proven leadership and management skills including: experience in supervision of staff; partner management; leading practice reflection, team development and managing a multi-disciplinary team
• sound understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable children and families in child protection and early intervention models of service provision
• high level ability to liaise, develop and maintain relationships with partner agencies and professional groups including Community Services and other government and non-government stakeholders
• working knowledge of and commitment to 10 Practice Principals of Family Work (FaMS, NSW), evidence based practice, child centred practice and Action Learning
• ability to work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) organisations and communities
• commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles
• flexibility to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays
• current NSW or National driver’s licence
• working knowledge of the child and family support and child protection sectors in the Dundas/Cumberland area
• working knowledge and understanding of the Brighter Futures Early Intervention Program
• experience in using Structured Decision Making tools in work with Families and Children
• experience in managing electronic files and databases
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 7, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Thursday, 4 May 2017
Please visit https://www.wesleymission.org.au/home/get-involved/careers-at-wesley-mission/welcome-to-careers-at-wesley-mission/ to download an application pack.
Please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your resume with current referees and an Application for Employment Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.