We are seeking a receptionist/practice assistant for our Toowong practice on a part-time or casual basis.
The position involves provision of reception services for our clients as well as assisting the podiatrists with some client services. Receptionists are responsible for the undertaking of customer service, reception and other administration and practice support tasks, as required, to ensure the efficient operation of the practice. This position operates with a high degree of independence in performing the duties of the position, whilst maintaining open channels of communication between all staff within the practice. The receptionist/practice assistant has to make administrative decisions relating to the interpretation of practice policies and procedures.
The receptionist/practice assistant is required to work effectively in the following:
1. practice administration e.g. banking and accounts
2. reception/customer service e.g. front desk engagement with clients
3. practice support e.g. stock ordering and record keeping
The key competencies include:
1. excellent presentation and communication skills, including IT/computer skills. Written communication skills need to be at a high level.
2. excellent customer service skills with a focus on meeting client needs and problem-solving
3. high level organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
4. high level ability to follow workplace policies and procedures
Previous experience in a medical or allied health reception role is desirable but not essential. Past work experience in a customer service role would also be considered. Please contact the practice and ask to speak to Lloyd for more information.