Employment Type: Casual initially - potential for permanent role
Job Description: To work and be trained in a manufacturing/tile and ceramic environment undertaking production work.
Southern Cross Ceramics is an Australian company committed to Australian manufacturing along with expanding its market and product base. As part of its current growth strategy the company is seeking to recruit initially 2 part-time casual employees (2 nights/week Thurs & Fri 26.67 hrs per week - (5-00 pm, to 6-00 am) working in the production area of the company.
There will be an opportunity for the right personnel to move into other areas of the company on a more permanent basis. The company will consider a fixed contract for candidates who are considering leaving their existing employment.
Southern Cross Ceramics is committed to growing its staff through the implementation of lean principles and these positions will provide an opportunity for the successful candidates to learn and apply an extensive array of manufacturing, production and warehouse processes and principles.
The roles will be required to work primarily in a production role in ceramic decoration through printing, firing and cutting of tile product, some warehouse, pick/pack and dispatch will also be required.
For consideration for these roles applicants must have the following:
• A current forklift licence.
• Evidence of previous ongoing steady and reliable work history, preferably in a production environment.
• Experience with IT and computer based systems.
• Be physically fit.
• A positive attitude, aptitude and "can do" approach to the workplace.
• Evidence of being able to follow clear directions and standards in a work environment.
• Strong team support skills
• A desire to develop and grow through exposure to “lean manufacturing” principles.
• The ability to work in a changing environment.
The Company has high values, standards and ethics and expect the same of all its staff.
Interested applicants should review the company website and submit a covering letter along with an application addressing the above position requirements to the Corporate Services Manager. Employment@scceramics.com
Should further information be required please contact Ian Oglesby on 0488707811.