OUR DAILY BREAD MINISTRIES Job Title:
Ministry Development Executive ABOUT OUR DAILY BREAD MINISTRIES
Our office in Australia is an integral part of a global Christian organisation dedicated to the spread of God’s Word. We’re a non-denominational, non-profit organisation with staff and volunteers in over 35 offices working together to distribute more than 60 million resources in 150 countries. Regardless of whether it’s a radio or television broadcast, DVD, podcast, book, mobile app, or website, we provide materials to help people grow in their relationship with God. Position Summary
In this role your primary responsibility is to enhance the awareness and expand the distribution channels for resources by building on existing relationships with pastors and Christian Ministries and developing new ones.
This will involve both working with a small team of national volunteers and/or casual workers and supporting them where necessary. You will also coordinate visits and follow up on projects pertaining to churches and Ministries.
You will also be expected to meet with pastors and leaders from Christian Ministries from time to time, sharing the ministry mission, vision and resources.
You will also work closely with the ministry relations services team and the digital marketing team to engage and enhance these relationships.
This role is new to the ministry in Australia and is vital in ensuring that we continue to fulfill our goal of making Biblical resources accessible to all, whether through print or across our digital channels. Key Responsibilities
Must Have Job Requirements
- Establish new church/ministry partner relationships for the ministry
- Present the print and online resources to new and existing ministry
relationships in an engaging way
- Develop and maintain existing ministry relationships with churches, pastors and ministry partners
- Plan operationally and logistically to achieve our goals of reaching out to the churches in Australia and equipping them and their congregation with good Biblical resources.
- Support and coach those who are visiting with pastors and church leaders.
- Effectively follow up and engage with key contacts made at all public events, pastor’s events and pastors visited.
- Work with a small team of volunteer helpers/ casual workers
- Identify and follow up new opportunities with interested parties
- Ability to network and connect with people, inspiring action
Highly Regarded Job Requirements
- Be actively involved in the life of the church through attendance and ministry involvement
- Have a strong conviction of the life changing power of the gospel of Christ
- Have a demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and show initiative in dealing with individuals and groups
- Have the capacity for excellent Christian service and the ability to positively influence peers
- Have a demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for coordinating work
- Possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills being able to network and build appropriate relationships at all levels
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and use of CRM database
- Being able to travel within Australia on a needs basis
- Familiarity and experience in engaging with Australian churches or a strong client management background with proven experience in relationship building and networking
- Have existing networks in the Christian community
- Qualifications in Theology and/or Business/Marketing
- Have previous experience in the Not For Profit sector, in particular faith-based organisations
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic, language, and cultural backgrounds preferred
- A team player who is willing to assist in all kinds of tasks
This position is located at our office in Kilsyth.
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and resume to Terry Shearer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also mail it to attention Terry Shearer, Our Daily Bread Ministries, PO BOX 15 Kilsyth, 3137. Applications Close: 31 January 2017