• Five month fixed-term position with flexible work schedule, 15.2 hours per week (two 7.6 hour days or three 5 hour days)
• Work in our modern facility in Telopea, alongside supportive managers in a collabortative environment
• Be part of one of the largest Christian, not-for-profit organisations in Australia
• Do not miss this rare opporutinity to learn from experts in the Community Services industry, and experience a great workplace culture!
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation. We are now trading as Anglicare. As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
About the role:
Our modern Out-of-Home-Care office in Telopea is seeking a reliable and highly organised Archive Officer Assistant to complete the digitisation and cataloguing of historic photographs as outlined in RAD2 funding application and agreement in consultation with the Care Leavers Archive Officer. This is in order to provide better and greater access to photographs relevant to a Care Leaver’s time in care. This is a 5-month opportunity to work alongside community services professionals and join a supportive and collaborative environment, and work for one of the largest Christian, not-for-profit organisations in Australia. Salary packaging and flexible work arrangements are on offer.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensure that the cursory cataloguing of specified hard copy and scanned photographs in completed in a timely manner
• Ensure that specified hard copy photographs and other records are photographed and/or scanned in high resolution and saved to the Care Leavers Drive
• Ensure that the cataloguing of relevant records are completed as per Anglicare Archives Policy and Procedure
• Ensure that all work is carried out with a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion, in particular with regard to Care Leavers’ identity
• Ensure that regular communication regarding the progress of the project and any issues arising, in the form of verbal and email updates, are completed on time and directed to the right person
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Administrative training qualification (preferred)
• Ability to use photocopier and scanner machine effectively, including troubleshooting capabilities
• High level interpersonal skills
• Competent level skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel/Word and Outlook
• Good ability to prioritise and manage multiple demands
If you are looking for flexibility, a friendly work environment and supportive managers, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.